Bartholomew Bats!


Our school is located in Round Rock, Texas which is near Austin. Austin and Round Rock both have huge populations of Mexican Free Tailed Bats that live under our bridges. A colony of bats lives beneath the Ann Richards/Congress Avenue Bridge in Austin and in Round Rock, another colony resides under the Interstate 35 bridge over McNeil Road. Each evening from March to about October, the bats fly out from beneath the bridge and search for insects to eat. The emergence of the bats is a wonder to watch. We are also thankful that all these millions of bats eat the bugs by our homes.

Our class mascot is the Bat to honor the mammals that live so close to us and help us. (also because Bat and Bartholomew both start with the letter B!) The bats in Central Texas live together in a group and help take care of the young. Then they migrate together as a team. Our class will also live together in our classroom, work together as a team, and help each other out. We are the Bartholomew Bats!





Friday, April 8, 2011

Pen Pal Visit

Write about our pen pal visits. What do you like best about having pen pals? What things have we done together that you liked best? Why do you think having pen pals is important?

Write about our pen pals and comment on posts written by others.

18 comments:

person said...

I liked doind the web search.

Anonymous said...

sitting and enloying fun moments with mrs.joan.
-haylea evans
its wonderful to be here an see haylea evans again
-mrs.joan

jody said...

I love our pen pals they are amazing and i love their smiles! :)

Gabriella said...

I liked making clay bowls with my pen pal.

Aaliyah said...

we are really lucky to have great penpals we hope you guys have a great time!!!!! :)

J,S said...

I'm am having a good time with my Pen Pal.
Truly yours,
Sabrina, and Jada

Lexi said...

I love our pen pals they're amazing!
Alexa

mallory said...

Ilike to talk to a different generation and do many different experiences.

Anonymous said...

pen pal visites are fun and exciteing

colton said...

I think penpals is a great program to where we can learn about others.

posted by colton

Riley said...

what I like best about my pen pal is spending time with them and hearing their stories about when they were our age.

Ed Schneider said...

My best part was visiting Gabriella.

mr. vann and me said...

Brandon is my pen pal. I like to get together with him because he has a lot of energy and is funny. He also smile a lot. mr. vann is very creative and does nothing

DRE IS AWSOME said...

I love our penpals there awsome

Ms. Maggie said...

I think the penpal program is fantastic and educational.I'm
delighted to have two great boys as my penpal.

posted by Ms. Maggie

lexi said...

Our pen pals are awesome!

jada $ said...

hey its me jada awesome microscopes i see my burn marks and mole and my hair and sabrina hair awesome wooop woop shoop shoop

jada&jade said...

hello its me jada i know this is late but i love iva hill my penpal